RBC Arts Access Fund
RBC Arts Access fund is an award program for newcomer artists presented by RBC Foundation and Neighbourhood Arts Network. This award is offered in the winter, spring and summer. Applications open March 20, 2017!
The Neighbourhood Arts Network RBC Arts Access Fund is an award initiative offered in the winter, spring and summer that is designed to support newcomer artists across Toronto. The Funds will range from $500 to $1500 to support costs associated with arts projects such as artist fees, art supplies, equipment rental, space rental and food costs for a workshop or event.
You are eligible to have support by other partners, organizations and artists, however the project itself should be your vision.
In addition to art projects, this fund also supports professional development, training and mentorship requests for newcomer artists looking to improve their skills in working in community.
Neighbourhood Arts Network is a strategic initiative of Toronto Arts Foundation. With over 1700 members, our online resources, partnerships and professional development events, help community engaged artists and organizations do what they do best: enrich Toronto and transform it into a more vibrant and liveable city.
Individuals and Artist Collectives can apply:
Artists and collectives can receive only one RBC Arts Access Fund per year.
The project must not be complete at the time of application
Individuals must be:
- Residents of the City of Toronto for at least one year prior to the application deadline.
- Newcomers who have been in Canada between 1 and 7 years
- Be over 18 years old
Collectives must be:
- Based in the City of Toronto
- Majority of collective members must be newcomers and residents of Toronto
Prizes will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- The effectiveness and potential impact of the project proposed
- The ability of the artist(s) to carry out the project
- Demonstrated community support for the proposed project (e.g. free space, other grants, assistance with promotion, support letter, acceptance letter, etc.)
- *For those requesting paid mentorship and training support, we will also assess how the opportunity will support and develop your work as an artist
INTERESTED? Here’s what you need to do.
1) Sign up for a free Neighbourhood Arts Network membership.
Make your profile interesting, fill it with photos, links to your work, upcoming events, etc.
2) Apply today! https://tac.smartsimple.ca/welcome/taf/
- #1 - January 27, 2017 - Closed.
- #2 - April 10, 2017
- #3 - TO BE CONFIRMED
Guide to apply through our new smart simple online application platform:
1. To apply, please register by clicking the 'Nominator' button
2. Once you have filled out the form, you will have a login and password to access the online application form
If you have any questions about the online system, please contact Angie | angie[@]torontoarts[dot]org or at 416-392-6802 x 218