Call for Submissions | LIFT and PIX FILM STUDIO IMMERSION PROGRAM 2018
Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (LIFT) and PIX FILM are seeking applications for a new Studio Immersion Program in 2018.
Applications from International and Canadian artists to re-think, research and revisit various forms of audio/visual experiences, using film, pixels, analogue and digital objects to create visual expressions and forms. The artists selected for the program will produce and present new work.
The program will offer studio space, equipment and an exhibition area for presentation of work to one International and one Canadian Artist. The Studio Immersion will take place at PIX FILM with equipment access from LIFT.
The selected International Artist will have access to the studio for one month and a cash award for $3,000 (CAN) towards travel, accommodation, per diem and production costs.
The selected Canadian Artist will have access to the studio for three months and a cash award for $5,000 (CAD) towards travel, accommodation, per diem and production costs.
Interested artists should submit proposals, including:
• Contact information (Name, Telephone number, Email)
• Indicate which city are you currently based in
• Proposal / Artist Statement
• Please note how you heard about this call
• Please note your best dates for attending
• Curriculum vitae
• Proposed budget (including funding sources if needed beyond the cash awards)
• Visual support material of past work (do not send originals, documentation will not be returned). Accepted formats: URL Links or DVDS (NTSC)
Submissions must be received no later than Monday, March 5, 2018 by 5:00pm EST
Click here to view full guidelines.
Madeleine Piller, Program Director
Subject Heading: LIFT and PIX FILM Studio Immersion 2018
Mail applications to:
LIFT and PIX FILM Studio Immersion 2018
c/o Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (LIFT)
1137 Dupont Street
M6H 2A3 CANADA