CALL 4 Proposals: The Dressing Room Project
Multi-Arts Festival - |FAT| Arts & Fashion Week April 2012
DEADLINE: January 9th, 2012 (post dated)
ABOUT THE PROJECT
A site-specific project consisting of a number of individually constructed artist installation rooms, as part of the exhibition during the next edition of the multi-arts festival |FAT| Arts & Fashion Week, April 24-28, 2012
Artists are invited to propose site-specific work reflecting on fashion, clothing, the body or vanity with installations, performances or multi-media works. Installations will be exhibited for all 4 days of the festival.
TYPE OF WORK ACCEPTED FOR THE PROJECT:
Sculpture / Installation Art
Fashion/ Art Installations
- 6 to 10 project spaces located at 213 Sterling Road, the home of the next edition of |FAT| Arts & Fashion Week.
- Submitted proposals should reflect on the notion of clothing, the body or fashion and the current FAT thematic focus: fashionSCAPES
- Room sizes are approx 10x10 feet.
- Rooms will be built on site at approx 10'x10'. They will generally contain three walls, no ceiling and will be open to the public.
- Rooms may be altered slightly in size (to be bigger or smaller) depending on space availability, artist's specifications, artist's project requirements and other participating artists needs.
- Spaces may be painted, manipulated and altered to a reasonable extent
- All materials, equipment and tech requirements to be provided by the artist
- A fee of $300 will be paid to artists per project
2012 THEME: fashionSCAPES
The FAT 2012 theme fashionSCAPES mirrors the notion of landscapes, which are vast, unique, seasonal and ever changing. Artists are invited to respond to fashionSCAPES by investigating one of four sub themes set out by the festival; land, city, body, future.
· Cover letter with contact details including artist name, address, telephone, email address, website (Please save in Word on CD)
· Short description of proposed project - 250 words max (Please save in Word on CD)
· 5 images of previous work (jpeg images on CD – 1MB maximum)
· Short Bio
· Drawings/ Sketches of proposed project
· $25 submission fee
· Please include all support material, including written material on a CD.
SEND SUBMISSION TO:
|FAT| Arts & Fashion Week
The Dressing Room Project
38 Abell Street Unit 218
ENTRY DEADLINE: JANUARY 9th (post dated)
For application inquiries:
| Vanja | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | 647.834.0061
Wanna know more about Arts and Fashion Week? Click here!