Cities of Migration presents a Webinar on Cultural Diversity in Arts
Cities of Migration is happy to announce the Webinar, "Raising the Curtain on Cultural Diversity: Integrating Inclusion into the Arts"
July 19 (North America)/ July 20 (New Zealand, Australia) - Join Cities of Migration for a 60-minute webinar to learn about successful strategies for community engagement, creative mentoring, and promoting immigrant integration through the arts. Presenters from Auckland and Toronto will share innovative ideas about how music, performance and new literary voices are building stronger communities through the arts and changing the way we see ourselves in the city.
Participants will learn about Good Ideas:
- In Toronto, Diaspora Dialogues, a literary organization supports the creation and presentation of new fiction, poetry, and drama of culturally diverse artists by creating meaningful opportunities for artistic mentorship, performance and by building new audiences for newcomer voices
- In Auckland, People in the Neighbourhood, a project of the British Council New Zealand, puts aspiring artists and performers from diverse communities on stage. The project involves capacity building workshops, online and face to face collaborations and master-classes in creativity and performance.
- Julia Chan, Artistic Director, Diaspora Dialogues
- Gareth Farry, Business Manager, British Council New Zealand
- Ingrid Leary, Country Director, British Council New Zealand
No cost to participate. You will need a computer with internet access and a landline telephone
Register online: http://citiesofmigration.ca/integration-learning-exchange/