EMPLOYMENT: Events & Sales Coordinator
Artscape is seeking a qualified Events & Sales Coordinator to support the day-to-day operations of the Regent Park Arts & Cultural Centre, opening in September 2012. This is a new position principally focused on generating sales of for-profit events, such as conferences, weddings, social and corporate events, as well as providing clerical, organizational and hands-on support for events at the centre. On event days, they will lead the Event Team, working with on-site staff (wait staff, security, etc.) to ensure that all events run smoothly and according to guidelines.
The Events & Sales Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Event Services in consultation with Managing Director of the Regent Park Arts and Cultural Centre. The coordinator will work closely with other staff including, but not limited to, the Programs & Events Coordinator, Marketing & Outreach Coordinator, the Technical Director and the Communications department.
The Event & Sales Coordinator will be based out of the Regent Park Arts & Cultural Centre, located on Dundas Street East between Sumach and Sackville Streets. Prior to the centre’s opening in September 2012, they will work from Artscape’s Head Office in Liberty Village.
The ideal candidate has a proven sales track record, a portfolio of events and is a bright problem-solver with a positive attitude who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment. A background in—or demonstrated passion for—the events, sales, arts or not-for-profit sectors is considered a definite asset.
Opening in September 2012, the Regent Park Arts & Cultural Centre is poised to become the artistic, cultural and social core of Regent Park and the newest addition to downtown Toronto’s thriving cultural landscape. Designed by the award-winning Diamond + Schmitt Architects, the centre features multiple street-level performance and event spaces including a fully-equipped 6,000 sq.ft. Performance & Event Space, an Outdoor Performance Court, a Lounge and the Main Lobby. Revenues from venue rentals will help offset the cost of operating the $38-million facility. The building will also house programming and administrative space for ArtHeart Community Art Centre, Centre for Social Innovation, COBA Collective of Black Artists, Native Earth Performing Arts, Regent Park Film Festival and Regent Park School of Music.
Artscape is partnering with Toronto Community Housing, The Daniels Corporation and a Community Steering Committee to develop the facility. For more information, visit www.regentparkarts.ca
- Promptly and accurately answer event venue rental enquiries
- Facilitate tours of the facility for clients
- Prepare, edit and complete price quotes on services
- Make ongoing sales calls to Artscape’s contacts
- Research and generate new contact lists
- Liaise with suppliers to track and communicate changes
- Liaise with Artscape staff
- Ensure all billing information is accurate
- General office administration
- Maintain filing systems and database information
- Order and coordinate equipment rentals as required
- Coordinate delivery and receive rental equipment and ensure its safe storage
- Order and coordinate service staff as required
- Effectively communicate all event information to Artscape staff
- Assist with set up for events
- Provide guidance and support to event staff during events and ensure venue guidelines are followed
- Ensure venue is cleaned and locked after event tear-down
- Communicate with tenants, clients and guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Handle other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent sales skills
- Extensive experience with events and event set-up
- Strong affinity for technology and computers
- Demonstrated record of ingenuity when problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and capable of prioritizing multiple tasks
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Must be a people person with the ability to communicate with clients, tenants and staff in a professional manner
- Generalist and fast learner always keen to expand skills and knowledge
- Willingness to work collaboratively in an open-concept, team-oriented work environment
Categories: Employment Opportunities