Employment: Festival Coordinator – The Bridge Festival
Festival Coordinator – The Bridge Festival
Scarborough Arts is a not-for-profit community organization seeking a dynamic individual to take on the contract position of Festival Coordinator for The Bridge Festival.
This position will be responsible for coordinating performances, activities, volunteers, event logistics and other components involved with The Bridge Festival on August 24 & 25, 2012. The Bridge Festival is a community arts and culture festival designed to celebrate the diversity and community pride of the Kingston-Galloway/Orton Park (KGO) neighbourhood in Scarborough. The Festival Coordinator will work collaboratively with Scarborough Arts staff, festival partners and volunteers in a fast-paced work environment.
- Schedule performances, activities and workshops for festival in coordination with Scarborough Arts staff and event partners
- Liase with artists, performers, activity leaders, partners and other stakeholders
- Lead coordination of volunteers for festival activities and volunteer orientation events
- Finalize contracts with artists, performers and workshop leaders in coordination with Scarborough Art staff
- Identify and secure equipment and materials needed for performances, including stage, A/V equipment, chairs and tables etc.
- Assist with outreach to local artists, performers, groups and organizations
- Organize performer, artist and workshop leader prep area for festival
- Oversee all components of the performance and activity areas for the duration of the event, including stage and workshop areas
- Assist with set up and take down of stage, A/V equipment and other applicable areas of events site
- Coordinate transportation and return of applicable equipment and materials to festival site
- Coordinate compilation of content for The Bridge Festival printed and digital programme
- Attend relevant meetings with partner organizations, residents, volunteers and other stakeholders
- Assist with distribution of surveys and evaluation of event
- Other tasks related to festival coordination
- Post-secondary education in event-planning, theatre, music, arts management or related field
- Proven experience coordinating performance-based events, including concerts, festivals and theatre performances
- Proven experience working with artists and performers
- Proven track record with meeting deadlines
- Ability to self-manage workload, adapting and shifting priorities as required
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Experience in a not-for-profit, community or arts environment an asset
- Experience working with volunteers considered an asset
- Access to a vehicle and valid Driver’s License considered an asset
For more information on The Bridge Festival (formerly Subtext Festival), please see: http://scarborougharts.com/subtext-festival-2011-2010/
Dates: July 9 – August 31, 2012 (8 weeks)
Hours: 28 hours a week
Some work on weekends and evenings is required.
Deadline for Applications: June 24, 2012
Apply with a cover letter and resume by email with “Festival Coordinator” in the subject line to email@example.com or fax at 416-698-7972. 1859 Kingston Road, Scarborough, ON, M1N 1T3.