Employment Opportunity: Oakwood/ Eglinton Program Manager
Job Posting: Oakwood/Eglinton Program Manager
Position Type: Contract, approx. 5 hours/wk
Job Region: Toronto
Deadline: Sunday Sept. 9th Start Date: Week of Sept 17th
Mid Sept-End November & Jan-June, Tuesdays afterschool onsite programming, plus approx. 3 hours/ week of planning and meetings.
Art Starts is charitable, not-for-profit organization committed to arts-based community development in the city of Toronto. Our mandate is to build healthier communities using the arts.
We are a growing organization currently operating five sites across the city. We understand that the arts are a medium for engaging residents, creating a shared sense of identity, identifying challenges and collectively working to overcome them.
The Program Manager is responsible for all tasks and duties related to the successful implementation of their assigned programs using a broad, community-oriented framework as their guide. Program Managers report to, receive support from and work with the Art Starts Program Director. This position will be overseeing a multi disciplinary after-school arts program for kids called “In the ‘hood”. The Program Manager has input on the creative direction of the program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
assume responsibility for the success of your program. This includes:
• hiring and oversee artists and program assistants with guidance from the Program Director
• doing publicity & outreach
• securing a program space with Art Starts community partners
• confirm that your artists are prepared and assist where needed
• supervising the program including all program staff
• responding to public/participant queries/concerns in a timely and courteous manner
• evaluation of the program
• adhering to program budget
• constructively and tactfully manage conflict and resolve problems
• attend community meetings & Art Starts check in meetings as required
• Experience facilitating in the arts, social services and/or community sectors;
• Experience working with groups of children
• Skills in conflict resolution
• Exceptional organization, administrative and both verbal and written communication skills;
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on September 9thth,2012 . Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted, please no phone calls.
Categories: Employment Opportunities