NAN is Hiring an Outreach and Events Coordinator
NAN IS HIRING!
OUTREACH AND EVENTS COORDINATOR
Toronto Arts Foundation is seeking a part time Neighbourhood Arts Network Outreach and Events Coordinator. The Neighbourhood Arts Network is the place where arts and community engagement meet in Toronto. We catalyze new discussions and relationships. We collect research and share information. We help artists and community organizations do what they do best: enrich Toronto and transform it into a more vibrant, beautiful, livable city.
- Organize all aspects of network events including coordination with partners, identifying and booking locations, promotions, facilitating events, coordinating registration, tech and refreshments, documentation
- Implement outreach activities, including identifying and contacting potential new members, giving presentations, and participating in site visits with new and existing members
- Create and maintain website content, including listings and blog posts
- Coordinate the ACE Awards
- Supervise volunteers and interns
- Facilitate internal NAN meetings
- Support the work of the Neighbourhood Arts Network Coordinator
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years employment experience with a demonstrated commitment to community-engaged arts practice in Toronto and to the guiding principles of the Neighbourhood Arts Network. They will have experience working with volunteers and facilitating workshops and events. They will possess superior writing, communication and organizational skills; excellent presentation and interpersonal skills; an ability to handle a multitude of tasks and deadlines, and a talent for working collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. Lived experience in one of Toronto’s 13 priority neighbourhoods or inner suburbs is an asset.
Toronto Arts Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its employment.
Start Date: May 22, 2012
Part time: Three days per week
Interested individuals are invited to submit their resume and a covering letter by 5:00 pm on Friday, May 5, 2012 to:
Director of Operations
Toronto Arts Council
141 Bathurst St.
Toronto M5V 2R2