PACT Lifeskills Opportunities
PACT has been keeping quite busy tending to all their community and school yard gardens-picking and then delivering lots of fresh produce to local food banks (among other productive things!), but wanted to give you lots of lead time to identify and refer appropriate and motivated youth to our next round of introductory and experiential LifeSkills projects starting in the fall. All of these projects instil confidence and self esteem, provide youth with an opportunity to complete required community service hours, as well as giving them practical experience for their resumes. Please see a list below of all the projects we will be running across the city starting in Mid September and send them those referrals to secure a spot for your youth before they all fill up.
1) South Etobicoke- PACTBuild-Urban Barn and Bird Houses Project- This woodworking construction project will start on Saturday September 18th, 2010 and will run for six weeks on Saturdays from 10:30-4:30pm.
2) Downtown-West- PACTFashion- Designer Dress Project- This real world design and sewing project will start on Monday September 13th, 2010 and will run for seven weeks on Mondays from 6pm-9pm.
3) Downtown- PACTRocks Music Project- This interactive music workshop culminating in a community concert will start on Saturday September 18th, 2010 and will run for seven weeks on Saturdays from 12:00pm-3:00pm.
4) East-Scarborough- PACTCooking Project- This culinary project teaching youth how to cook healthy food from around the world will start on date TBD (late Sept) and will run for six weeks on from 4:45pm-7pm.
5) Downtown-Central- PACTFilm Project- This film project run by industry professionals where youth will work as a crew to produce a short film or Public Service Announcement (PSA) will start on Monday September 20th, 2010 and will run for seven weeks on Mondays from 6pm-8:30pm.
6) North York- PACTFilm Project- This film project run by industry professionals where youth will work as a crew to produce a short film or Public Service Announcement will start on Tuesday September 28th, 2010 and will run for seven weeks on Tuesdays from 6pm-8:30pm.
7) Scarborough- PACTFilm Project- This film project run by industry professionals where youth will work as a crew to produce a short film or Public Service Announcement will start on Wednesday October 6th, 2010 and will run for seven weeks on Wednesdays from 6pm-8:30pm.
For additional information regarding the above Projects including related descriptions/curriculums and maps/directions, please visit our website at www.pactprogram.ca.
There is also a printable version of the above info attached.
To make a referral on behalf of your clients, please see instructions below:
To make a referral or inquiry please contact Ben Marshall at email@example.com or 416-656-8824. Please note that making referrals by email is always a good method as this creates an official record of the request and makes it much easier for me to manage at this end. I will always respond to let you know I have received your referral and that I have added the youth to the attendance list. The youth will always receive a welcome call prior to the project start date.
When making a referral on behalf of a youth, by email or telephone, please provide the following minimum amount of information:
1) The specific LifeSkills project you are referring to (including location) and start date
2) Name and contact info of Referral Agent
3) Full name of Youth- (Please note: do not include last name of youth in subject line of email)
4) Parent/Guardian Name
5) All available contact info.
6) Any special instructions or important info.
Please note that youth will always receive a graduation certificate if they complete the project and PACT will also track accumulated community service hours and this information can be provided upon request.