Toronto Arts Council is hiring!
Type: permanent full time
Start Date: November 5, 2012
Toronto Arts Council and Toronto Arts Foundation are charitable organizations dedicated to the support of Toronto artists and arts organizations. Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Finance Officer is responsible for all bookkeeping and accounting services.
· Maintaining general ledgers
· Posting journal entries
· Reconciling bank accounts
· Managing payroll including benefits
· Completion of all CRA/government filing including HST, EHT, T4s
· Managing accounts payable and receivable
· Managing investments
· Maintaining project accounts
· Managing the grants accounts including payables, cheques and T4As
· Assisting with budgeting
· Preparing quarterly financial statements
· Preparing all necessary audit documentation
· Minimum five years bookkeeping, financial experience
· Thorough knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software
· Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
· Proficiency with Windows-based software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Ability to work collaboratively within a small office environment.
· Sound judgment, analytical and problem-solving abilities and organizational skills
Toronto Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its employment. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit cover letter and resume by 5:00 pm on October 17, 2012
by email: to Director of Operations Susan Wright - email@example.com
Categories: Employment Opportunities