West-Side Arts Hub Logo: Call for artists
CALL TO West End Artists for submissions to design and brand the West-Side Arts Hub
Artists are invited to submit a proposal to create a logo and six signs for the West-Side Arts Hub. Please include in your submission:
* Previous works and a vision for developing West-Side Arts Hub logo and signage
* Up to 3 different logo concepts
* Concept descriptions for 6 West-Side Arts Hub signs:
-2 washroom signs (inclusive shared washrooms)
- ‘Community room 2’
- 2 West-Side Arts Hub welcome signs (1 interior and 1 exterior outdoor)
The selected artist(s) will receive a payment of $1500.00. Collaboration is encouraged to bring in other element of visual arts.
For a tour of the West-Side Arts Hub you can contact Linda Davis @ 416 395 5989
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Monday, April 11th, 2011, email: email@example.com
West-Side Arts Hub Vision Statement:
To nurture and support the development and impact of community arts, by empowering local artists, arts groups, youth and residents, and promoting social justice through the arts in the West End of North York, Toronto.
This will be achieved through:
1. Affordable/accessible training, resources, and space for arts creation and performance.
2. Employment opportunities and professional artist development support for local artists and arts groups.
3. Inter-generational, cross-cultural, and multi-disciplinary arts-based mentorship and collaboration.
1. Engage and involve local artists and arts groups to utilize the arts hub as a home-base for creating and honing their respective art forms.
2. Bridge the gap between elders and youth in the community that are involved in the arts, and provide a space for inter-generational learning.
3. Developing self and community advocacy skills through the arts
4. Connect with other arts-based initiatives and hubs in the GTA and widen networks.
5. Provide space for inter-cultural sharing and expression
1. Safe, accessible and supportive space is critical to the professional development of artists and arts groups
2. Art is a healthy outlet for collective and individual healing, creative expression of advocacy and social justice.
3. Systemic forms of discrimination hinder access to artistic & cultural development resources.
4. Anti-oppressive framework.
5. Grassroots, bottom-up approach.
1. Create encouraging spaces and tools for local artists and arts groups to develop their professional and artistic skills
2. Nurture the development of the arts community in the North West End of North York
3. Raise the profile and provide opportunities for local artists and arts groups.
For information about the West Side Arts Hub, visit http://neighbourhoodarts.wordpress.com/2010/04/15/creating-the-york-wood...
For information about the open Managing Director position at the West Side Arts Hub, visit http://www.neighbourhoodartsnetwork.org/news/employment-west-side-arts-h...