Youth Employment: Program and Events Assistant Summer
Position Type: Summer
Job Region: Toronto
Deadline: July 2nd 2012
Hours per week: 30
Commitment: 6 Weeks
Start/End Date: July 16th – Aug 20th 2012
Art Starts is an award-winning charitable, not-for-profit organization committed to arts-based community development in the city of Toronto. Our mandate is to build healthier communities using the arts. We are a growing organization currently operating five sites across the city.
• Recruiting volunteers, outreach, liaising with all partners (organizational partners, artists, participants…)
• Facilitating occasional creative workshops with children
• Assisting during programs set up and take down/clean up
• Administrative support, purchasing supplies, finding venues, etc.
• The students will be responsible for the coordination of events related to the following programs:
1. Dusk Dances
2. Sew What?! – Fashion program
3. StreetART Program & Celebration
4. Art in XS – summer camp for kids
• You must be a student between 15 and 25 who is returning to school full time in September 2012.
• Interested in community arts and working with underserved communities.
• Experience working with groups of children 6-12
• Able to multi task and work within set deadlines and possess excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work well with other and possess great interpersonal skills.
• Dedicated, enthusiastic and responsible.
• An arts background and experience is an asset.
Interested applicants please reply with your resume and cover letter to:
Katherine Earl firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please. Art Starts is an equal opportunity employer.
This program is funded be Art Starts and Heritage Canada through the Cultural Human Resources Council
Categories: Employment Opportunities