BMO SEEDS FUND APPLICATION
Neighbourhood Arts Network BMO SEEDS FUND
Six $1,000 Prizes for Artists Working in Community
Deadline: Monday April 29, 2013
Prize recipients announced in June 2013
The Neighbourhood Arts Network and BMO Financial Group are planting creative seeds this spring in the form of six $1,000 prizes. The Neighbourhood Arts Network BMO Seed Fund is a brand new opportunity geared to support artists in the development, creation and/or dissemination of a community engaged arts project they are leading anytime between June 2013 to April 2014
You are eligible to apply for the Neighbourhood Arts Network BMO Seed Fund if you are:
- An individual artist
- Over 18 years old
- A current City of Toronto resident (Must have lived here a minimum of 6 months)
- A Neighbourhood Arts Network member (You can sign up for our free membership prior to applying.)
- You are looking to make a positive impact in a Toronto neighbourhood or community through a unique arts based project.
- (Priority will be given to projects taking place in communities across the City of Toronto.)
- Applicants may apply for ONE project only.
Eligible Expenses include
Any costs directly related to your project including supplies, project promotion, meeting costs and personal artist fees.
Ineligible costs include but are not limited to the following:
Foreign travel costs, personal living expenses and/or event capital costs such as alcohol.
INTERESTED? Here’s what you need to do.
1) Sign up for a free Neighbourhood Arts Network membership.
Make your profile interesting, fill it with photos, links to your work, upcoming events, etc.
2) Fill in the one page BMO SEEDS FUND online application form.
The top 10 finalists will be selected by four local judges from the community, followed by a week long social media campaign in May that will promote their projects and give the general public the opportunity to vote for the six final prize winners. Prize recipients will be celebrated and awarded their prize at an inaugural Neighbourhood Arts Network BMO Seeds Fund reception in June.